Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
181 - 200 of 279 Posts
I'm not bragging about the "4th best team in the SEC". I'm just saying that Tennessee is the 4th best team, behind 3 of the top teams, in the best division in football. That means they are on the right track.

right on track for what? to be the 4th best team like they always have been? I really dont understand all this hype about a team that wont see another conference championship for a long time....

right on track for what? to be the 4th best team like they always have been? I really dont understand all this hype about a team that wont see another conference championship for a long time....
If they beat Ole Miss they will more than likely finish 2nd in the SEC East and play in a New Years Day Bowl. Either the Outback Bowl in Tampa or the Cotton Bowl in Dallas. If you can't see that is an improvement over going 5-7 then you are blind.

Second. 4th best team in the SEC like they have "always been????" They played for the SEC Championship in 2007. And have won a total of 12 SEC titles. They won more football games than any D1 team in the country in the 90's. What he is saying is that they are on the right track to being a competitive football team again. And again if you can't see that you are either blind, know dick about football or are just an ass hole fan from another school who refuses to acknowledge a rivals success.

If they beat Ole Miss they will more than likely finish 2nd in the SEC East and play in a New Years Day Bowl. Either the Outback Bowl in Tampa or the Cotton Bowl in Dallas. If you can't see that is an improvement over going 5-7 then you are blind.

Second. 4th best team in the SEC like they have "always been????" They played for the SEC Championship in 2007. And have won a total of 12 SEC titles. They won more football games than any D1 team in the country in the 90's. What he is saying is that they are on the right track to being a competitive football team again. And again if you can't see that you are either blind, know dick about football or are just an ass hole fan from another school who refuses to acknowledge a rivals success.

oh i know my football for one. lol oh and for two what success are you talking about if you dont mind me asking kind sir? They have not won a conference championship in 11 years! Im not talking about a decent bowl game being a success. Thats a slight improvement but some people seem to believe that they will be the team to beat next year or the next ten depending on some UT fans ignorance. And no Im not an asshole rival fan I simply like a good debate on college football and it is kind of funny to piss UT fans off I think thats the main reason wyatt does it i believe. Oh and btw im a wake forest fan (mainly basketball) so I know what its like watch your team lose like hell.

oh i know my football for one. lol oh and for two what success are you talking about if you dont mind me asking kind sir? They have not won a conference championship in 11 years! Im not talking about a decent bowl game being a success. Thats a slight improvement but some people seem to believe that they will be the team to beat next year or the next ten depending on some UT fans ignorance. And no Im not an asshole rival fan I simply like a good debate on college football and it is kind of funny to piss UT fans off I think thats the main reason wyatt does it i believe. Oh and btw im a wake forest fan (mainly basketball) so I know what its like watch your team lose like hell.
The success I'm talking about sir is improving from 5-7 and living in the basement to 7-8 wins and a soild bowl game. If your only definition of success is championships then there is only 1 successful team in the nation every year. My deffinition of success is improvement over last year, making progress toward reaching your goals and fielding a competitive team which this coaching staff is doing.

The success I'm talking about sir is improving from 5-7 and living in the basement to 7-8 wins and a soild bowl game. If your only definition of success is championships then there is only 1 successful team in the nation every year. My deffinition of success is improvement over last year, making progress toward reaching your goals and fielding a competitive team which this coaching staff is doing.

I can't disagree with you there. All I am trying to say really is that going from the 07 season to last year was a big fallout. This year they do indeed look like a better football team on both sides of the ball but there record and stats still don't do it for me. I just think that its too early to tell if they will continue to grow due to there inconsistencies. If they pull through the rest of this season and do get a decent bowl game and continue that into the next season then I will believe the hype. But 4-4/2-3 IMO is not a success but we shall see.

181 - 200 of 279 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.