Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner

Which car should be Ride of the Month for May?

• drunkenmonkey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • lloyd

• Techy

• Todescengel

• JP2007

• goodnwsamos

• civicseth

• struka

• Integra LS-T

• b00st

• rizfenix

• v3bahumut

• jdmpwr07

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Head Baconator
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

You know the drill. Vote for your favorite nominee for ride of the month! The voting will last through the remainder of April, and the winner will be declared on 5/1. Have fun, and good luck everyone!

Contestants: If you would like to submit a better picture than what I have listed from the nomination thread, please post a link here or PM me. Feel free to discuss ride details, etc or discuss the cars if you please :) You may post another picture of your ride in the thread along with the details.

EDIT: Looks like we have a three way tie. Go here (Tiebreaker!) to vote on one of the three finalists. We'll have a two day running, and the winner of that will be ROTM for this month.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
For those of you wonderin about my POS bein in the runnin Lemme explain the vehicle a little.

It's a project in progress. I'm also broke making this project oh so much harder.

It's a 96 Civic CX with B16. I bought the car in terrible shape. It had been sittin for 2 months out at my mechanics. The previous owner left it there to be worked on but never came back. They decided they wanted to sell so ole Jimmy told me about it. My dad negotiated with the guy (Bass player of Paramore's dad) and got it for $3500. It already had the B16A2 sittin in it but that was ll that was good about this heap pretty much. When I bought, the front bumper wasn't even attached. It was in the back of the car. The hatch had serious damage on it (still does but covered up by duct tape :p ) and a tail light was busted. It had faded fake CF mirrors (one was broken), god awful silver painted interior pieces, crappy CAI made out of 2 SRI's, 13" steelies, messed up seats, etc.

I got it and immediately zip tied the front bumper on and put on my Integra Meshes from my wrecked 95 Civic EX. I also replaced the ricer shift knob with the 95's. Soon after me and my brother hit up a junkyard for a load of parts. We left out of there with replacement interior pieces, a new hatch (still has yet to be painted and installed), 99-00 taillights, mirrors, cargo cover, and a few other things. Later my dad picked up a set of seats from the same car the interior pieces and the hatch came from (kinda wished he got some Integra seats or somethin :mrgreen: ). Then I added a new AEM Short Ram Intake to replace the POS CAI I had. Then soon after I replaced the stock springs (that were cut 3" unevenly) with H&R OE Sports. After drivin it a while I snapped an engine mount and then shortly there after the clutch went too. So new Exedy stage 1 clutch and a new mount. Turns out there was already a 7lb flywheel sittin in the B16. I rode for a long time with no side skirts. All I had to put on it were the ones I got with the car. They are ugly and fit poorly but they are better than no skirts at all. Plannin on replacing next.

One day I had nothing better to do so I broke out a drill and some pointy as hell screws and went to town with my bumper that was barely hangin on. Now it is secure and fits snuggly but unfortunately the color still doesn't correctly match. Oh well. I reattached the Mugen Style carbon fiber lip the same night I secured the bumper. I had the lip since I've had the car but never put it on. Well since the bumper was secure and the car wasn't riding on the ground like when I first got it I figured it'd be alright. Boy does it help the looks of the car. Next was the foglights. Got em for my birthday and immediately put them on. A few days later I realized how bad the headlights really looked. Wet sanding time. I wetsanded them and used rubbing compound and Scratch-X. They look better but not grand.

And that is the story so far. It don't look glorious but it's a project in progress and it's gettin there. Nice little sleeper though. I plan to have it converted into an EK4 clone (JDM Civic SiR) within a year or 2.

Ventolin said discuss the ride details if we wanted to so I figured why not. Check my garage for a full list of current mods.

·
O_o
5,429 Posts
Okay, just to let anyone know who is interested. I'm not all show and no go.

It may be a Slowica, but it has some get up and go for being an "economy base model"

Lets start with breather mods: AEM gen 2 Cold air intake, K&N Extream-X Flow Air Filter,
Boosted 2.0 Ported header, Greddy Evo II Stainless Steel Axle-Back Exhaust, deleted resonator.

Drivetrain: Fidanza lightweight aluminum flywheel, Southbend TZ Street Series stage 2 Kevlar clutch,
c60 6 speed transmission swap, Polyurethane motor mounts, Speedsource solid shifter cable bushings.

Go Juice: Nitrous Express wet kit, jetted for 35 shot right now, but 50 or 75 when I feel frisky.
MSD RPM window switch, Wide Open Throttle Switch , Fuel pressure safety switch, purge kit,
Automatic bottle heater, safety blow down tube.

Suspension: Hotchkis Tuning Sport coils, Front strut tower bar, rear body brace

It may not be straight line fast, but It handles like a dream, and looks good doing it.

Here are some interior pics:

Its not always about the vertical doors:

Good luck to everyone!

·
O_o
5,429 Posts
00Accord4cyl said:
who is that lloyd guy?? does he even post on the site?? Shouldn't there be like a rule for being a member for like a month atleast and a certain amount of posts??

I mean he only has 5 posts..clean car, i just would rather see a member i know of win
I have to agree with this. The guy only has 5 posts, over the course of 2 days, and hasn't been on since.
I think a new stipulation for ROTM should be initiated: The member must be an active user to be nominated.

I hate to sound like an ass but unless lloyd wants to chime in, I think he should be taken out of the running.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
^^I voted for you also :D

But yeah, i am in charge of ROTM on another forum site..and you have to have 50 posts and have been a member for atleast 2 months, and have been active over the past week (some exceptions)..Don't get me wrong, i love his car..But anybody with a nice car could just sign up, win, and then leave..I think it should be kept to regulars on the site,since they are the people contributing..

OHH the nominees also have to have like a mod list and have atleat 15 good quality pictures to win on that site i was talking about

·
Head Baconator
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats definitely a good idea, I feel its a little too late to change things up now, we're well on our way in voting. We'll discuss this and implement something before the next month's voting if you guys think thats whats best.

Actually..

if anyone else feels the same about withdrawing a submission due to their posts, activity, etc. lets hear it. If you don't feel that would be fair, lets hear it. Its up to you guys, really. I don't want to make a decision without hearing what you all think about it.

00Accord4cyl, those are all very reasonable requirements in my eyes for being eligible for nomination. Does anyone else have any input on that, as well?

Tell you what, let me make a thread about this tonight, so we can discuss it without clouding up this thread.

·
Head Baconator
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Techy and v3bahumut, thanks for your detailed description of your projects, they were very interesting to read. I think its a good idea nominees be able to discuss their ride, plans, and its progress. I highly encourage any other nominees to do the same.

·
Head Baconator
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Any discussion regarding post and/or activity requirements for nominees can be discussed in the thread posted below. Please stop by and comment, if you have any feelings on the matter.

Discuss here

Lets keep it to that post and not fill this thread up with it. Thanks ;)

·
Resident Asshole
14,632 Posts
Wow, looks like i missed alot. First off, I appreciate the nomination for ROTM, so thanks to everyone for the props. Second, I completely understand where you guys are coming from. I just signed up & only have a handful of posts. I'm a member of alot of sites & sometimes I'll go for a little while without visiting a couple of them, so I apologize for that.

There are alot of people here who have contributed much more than me, so I have no objections to being removed from the poll if that is what is needed. Like I said, just to be considered is pretty cool to me. :thumbup: No hard feelings either way on my end. There are some very nice cars here & I'm sure many are more deserving than me, especially considering most people here have no idea who I am.

Again, thanks for the nomination & you guys do whatever you feel is right. I'm putting my vote in now! 8)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Head Baconator
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks, lloyd, for being an understanding guy. I think alot of this stems from the fact that a previous ROTM winner was completely inactive.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts