Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner

What is the best tire brand you have used.

• Advan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BFGoodrich

• Bridgestone

• Continental

• Cooper

• Dunlop

• Essenza

• Falken

• Federal

• General

• Hankook

• Hoosier

• Kumho

• Maxxis

• Michelin

• Nankang

• Pirelli

• Toyo

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Last Son of Krypton
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please pick the best tire brand you have used. Then post some information on the specific tire and your experience. I will plan a few more posts to try and build a database of information regarding what you guys purchase when it comes to tires and in the future other components of your vehicle:

Kumho Tires
ASX Series

225/40/18 and 275/4018
420 Treadwear
Good overall tire for daily driving and has decent traction. However when any extra power is applied it will not grip for shit. Its an all season radial with excellent wear characteristics for a daily driver especially on a cart that is dropped with negative camber (VIP or LUX). Its a quiet tire that I would use for daily driving and has excellent speed rating for a daily driver. Wet weather traction sometimes leaves a lot to be desired but aslong as you don't act stupid the tire will maintain a good level of grip. Much cheaper than the average tires from other competitors and would last a long time making it one of my all time favorites. My fronts have over `15K and after I rotate them will be able to go another 15K before the whole tire needs to be replaced.

Michelin
Pilot Sports Zero Pressure Series

225/40/18 and 275/40/18
380 Treadwear
One of the best tires I have ever used in my lifetime. Its super expensive and super hard to find in different sizes. I ran these tires for over 15K with no problems one bit. At one time I remember going to the the drag strip and letting all the air out of them and the sidewalls were so stiff they still didn't get traction, I ran them like that for like 2 weeks before I remembered that i had no air in the rear tires. Extremely quiet tire with excellent dry and wet weather traction. Never really broke loose in the rain with these always felt comfortable and in control. Would buy again if a set of four didn't cost over $1500. Got them for free so who am I to complain.

·
Super Moderhater
12,366 Posts
right now i have Sumitomo HTR H4's ..... good tire for all-season performance .... fairly quiet and plenty wet & dry traction

i dont really have a favorite brand, i just pick up whatever "performance" tires are on sale the week i need a new set

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
I don't have much experience with different tires. I guess BF Goodrich is my favorite. I have BF Goodrich Traction T/A V 195/55/15/ They've done well on my 2 cars these wheels and tires have been on. They pretty damn good for bein free. I bought the wheels April 2006 and my dad bought the tires for my birthday. I guess I picked BF Goodrich cause of my brother. That's what he always uses so i just followed him.

·
Vin-Auto Rotary
10,163 Posts
i vote for toyo all my cars got them racecar got ra1's they been on there for over 5 seasons they almost done for when its time gonna try out the new r888 r compound dot competition tire.street cars got the t1r's firm believer of the toyo's just from being around the bizness for so long

·
O_o
5,429 Posts
Right now I'm running Kuhmo Ecsta ASX's 215/35R-18.

Very gripping around corners they start to break free at around 65 on tight corners, very nice smooth ride, some traction issues under hard acceleration from a stand still, but that is probably my poor launching technique. Wet weather traction is fine, never had any problems.

Past set of tires was a Hankook Radial k106 215/35R-18.

Poor grip even under moderate acceleration, cornering was worse than stock, don't take them out when it rains, you'll end up in a ditch. CRAPPY TIRE!

·
ZOMG l00k guyz I'm a m0d!
1,078 Posts
I like my federals, I haven't driven on anything else tho...

·
Super Moderhater
12,366 Posts
bryan062087 has had nothing but BFGoodrich All-Terrains on his car lately ... so im prety sure thats his favorite, in fact i know it is ...

they might be loud and big, but there isnt much else thats better for an off-road/on-road combo ....

G

·
225/35/19 toyo 4's had great traction with these a good all season tire.
235/35/19 NEXEN so far these have been wonderful tires. exellent wet traction and even better dry. I have a hard tim breaking these loose sometimes. they have a good 340 tread wear rating. They ballanced really well as well. Good all around tire and the price is dirt cheap. I have not one complaint to give about these so far.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I love the Yok Advans but they are so expensive. I am currently running Nittos but will switching to Falken Azenas for improve stickiness compared to the Nittos.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have owned both Dunlops and Falken Tires.. I had some 245/45 ZR17 Dunlops in the rear on my 180sx that I drove till they were smooth bald... I had to get rid of them due to no traction when raining.. I could literally feel the rear end hydroplaning left and right.. the road over in Japan is so so slick when it rains too due to sea salt...When I removed them i found several roof nails and staples.. and other small nails in them and they didn't leak a bit or blow out. I was amazed.

I have owned a few sets of Falken Tires and I was impressed with those. They are nice looking and have great grip around corners. Rode forever and didn't blow with metal showing.. Yeah I have put some wear on some tires.. lol..

·
Registered
652 Posts
i voted nankang. cheap taiwanese company i found on ebay, but you can't find tires in my sizes any cheaper for the price and stay UHP. havn't had any trouble, even wear, may pick another set up too.

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
you dont have nexens on here ive had two sets of N3000's on my 240 very nice wear and do really well in the rain. very inexpensive.
ive got about 400 in them mounted and ballance. 380 treadwear traction AA temp A z rated
2- 225/45/17 2-255/40/17

·
Head Baconator
915 Posts
I used to run Falken Azenis.. great tires. I'd avoid the lower end Falken "performance" tire, though.

I bought a set of SI wheels a few years ago, that had Michelins on them. The tires sucked, they felt like they were made of plastic.. but they lasted forever.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Falken Azenis are the best grip for the money tires. Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R's are the best grip tire out there (above 140 treadwear). Kumho and Toyo both announced new high performance street tires that the auto-x community is watching.

·
n00b
695 Posts
99stang said:
Im running Falken 912's
we (firestone) have a deal with falken now. we keep hundreds of 912s in stock. how do you like them? ive heard that theyre great tires for the price.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts