TennSpeed banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some new wheels and need tires installed. Tires i have shouldnt be a huge stretch but will not be a normal fit as well. Who/ Where will do this?

also if a place is suggested are they guaranteed not to damage my wheel. I have brand new wheels and im worried about the face of the wheel being damaged by the installer

Thanks for any input or suggestions

·
Vin-Auto Rotary
10,164 Posts
Air hose and ether should do it..... But I can do it and be more EPA friendly.

·
Vin-Auto Rotary
10,164 Posts
Oh yeah... Johnnyk's junk

·
Registered
10,626 Posts
Honestly if you don't know someone from discount tire, do not go there, I have seen many being careless with new wheels right out of the box. Heck they layer my 16x8 522s on its face twice and Leta just say I got the mounting free cause I stormed into that damn shop. I know they are expensive wheels but hell they still weren't kinked or anything before had.

I will vouch for Vinnie's work, take it to him.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vinny do work in nashville? Also does he do 4 wheel alignment and can even out camber and toe?

Got some used tires last night to test out my fitment and see what all I'm gonna need to do,
Fronts are 18 x 9.5, rears are 18 x 10.5
Tires are 225/40 and rears 245/40

·
Registered
492 Posts
Honestly if you don't know someone from discount tire, do not go there, I have seen many being careless with new wheels right out of the box. Heck they layer my 16x8 522s on its face twice and Leta just say I got the mounting free cause I stormed into that damn shop. I know they are expensive wheels but hell they still weren't kinked or anything before had.

I will vouch for Vinnie's work, take it to him.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Honestly this is true. You could've kept complaining and told them you weren't coming back if they didn't buy you a new wheel and they would've done it. I used to work at discount tire and everyone there is just worried about how fast they can get each car out of the bay.

What are you wheel and tire specs? I would've been able to stretch your tires and kept everything unscratched but I don't work there anymore.

·
¿ǝɔuɐʇs ʇoƃ
4,752 Posts
Nice. those shouldnt b a prob. Mine are 19x10 on 225/35 and 19x11 on a 245.

He is by the Titans stadium and will be able to do your alignment to.

Gateway tire
800 Dickerson Pike Nashville, TN 37207.
PH (615) 242-2414

·
Registered
492 Posts
Vinny do work in nashville? Also does he do 4 wheel alignment and can even out camber and toe?

Got some used tires last night to test out my fitment and see what all I'm gonna need to do,
Those should stretch pretty nice. You will probably have some wheel poke out over the tire with the 40 side wall

·
allstar
8,374 Posts

That should be very easy....I run sizes close to that and it didn't take me any time to mount...nor did I have to use a cheetah or ether.

·
soaked the matches in gas
5,061 Posts
i can. but i suck and so does my schedule. so go to vinny. did you get those varrstoens?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I got the varrstoens. Vinny work today by chance? I could run down there now. Or anyone want to make some cash and not scratch up my wheels haha?

·
soaked the matches in gas
5,061 Posts
also try bass tire on nolensville rd.. they do all the tires we cant do at my work, and they are cheap.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah they closin soon and I can't make it there in time. Bass closes at 12 too. Called a place local I've used to mount stock tires and asked, his response "Naw man we can't do nothing like that"... click. Haha I'm just thinking you scared. So looks like I may have to wait but not sure ill be able to make it during the week with me getting off at 4 and them closing at 5

·
Registered
2 Posts
Neither Firestone, Gateway or Bass will stretch tires. 1st Chance Tire in LaVergne will do it, but their customer service stinks. Had to pick up tires and leave due to pathetic service!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts