Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Upgrade camera gear

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Casey
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking to spend some money on something this year. Prolly 3-5k. Which ever I do, I plan on doing it right the first time and do it properly so as not have to go back and fix it later. And I dont want to split up the money and do little things here and there in each category. Whatever I do, it gets the full attention to get it done. Ive got it narrowed down to 3 possibilities.

1. Full Engine Build
-andy builds my block
-new turbo
-stand alone fuel managment
-boost ctrlr
-head work
-injectors
-fuel pump
-crank
-cams
-etc

2. Body Makeover
-paint job
-new body kit
-new wheels
-fix body damage
-HIDs
-CF hood
-GTR wing

3. Upgrade camera gear
-nikon d200 body
-nikon 70-200 f/2.8 lens
-camera rig
-strobist setup

·
WAT.biz
5,117 Posts
i put body makeover...but mainly just cuz i think you need some flossin ass wheels. lol....dont get me wrong, definitely love the way the car is now, but new wheels, and possibly a different color would do wonders. i like the kit however, and hid's are always a plus....lemme know if you decide to go that way cuz i get a pretty good deal on em too. hood and wing would be great also

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
id say number 1 cause the car can look good with the paint, but it wont matter if its sittin in the driveway. The car doesn't look bad now and the motor work would do it good

·
Super Moderhater
12,369 Posts
#1 because everyone wants to race you when they see those Cobalt tail lights ...

so get some power to shut them up :D

·
Casey
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, thats the same way I feel. It has power, but not being able to go past 125mph sucks! I want to get into the 450rwhp range

But im also starting to dislike the negative things wrong with the looks. It needs a serious face-lift.

But I also want camera gear...

:(

·
Super Moderhater
12,369 Posts
ur the only one that thinks it looks bad

so many people have mentioned how good it looks (not just because its an R33) ... there arent really FLAWS, but of course you can always make it look better

thats why i think 1 > 2 for now .... fire before smoke or bark before bite or however the phrases go

however, camera gear is FTW

·
Super Freq
2,987 Posts
numba 1 FTW

2. RRRRIIIIICE!!! except get some HID's if you've got something to spend

3. you've gotta decent set-up right now don't ya? ;)

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
2 wouldn't be rice, i just think that motor is more important then looks.

i dunno maybe you could build an engine on the side get the hood and shit on the side and occasionally buy camera stuff then you can have your car go down for like a month and do everything. I would wanna do the engine before you do paint in case your clumsy and drop wrenches or the cherry picker tags the bumper you know things happen

·
Mod
19,933 Posts
I am with #1. A Skyline needs the power to back up the name :D

·
wanna screw?
456 Posts

i'm sure your car is "quick" as is.

tbh, im sick of this gotta have a fast car to make up for my small dick thing.

lol

·
Mod
19,933 Posts
Surprise, the wheel king votes to get new wheels :lol: :p

·
FI>NA
3,116 Posts
i go for #1... and that the whole gotta have a fast car to make up for a small dick thing was a dumbass comment...pretty much just sounds like someone hating bc they cant have a fast car

·
Mod
19,933 Posts
unitedelements said:
i go for #1... and that the whole gotta have a fast car to make up for a small dick thing was a dumbass comment...pretty much just sounds like someone hating bc they cant have a fast car
Actually, with the money he spends on rims, he could have a fast car...he just chooses not to. Besides, he's got a Ducati. 8)

·
FI>NA
3,116 Posts
yeah but to generalize everybody that has a fast car to make up for shortcomings is dumb...maybe people like fast cars bc gasp, they like going fast...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts