Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why eating 45 slices in 10 minutes and 93 Krystals in 8 minutes; of course!
Other Records Held:EW YORK (AP) - Chowdown champ Joey Chestnut has done it again -- this time proving he's a pizza powerhouse.
He downed 45 slices in 10 minutes Sunday to win the first Famous Famiglia World Pizza Eating Championship in New York's Times Square.
The 24-year-old from San Jose, Calif., says he fasted for more than a day to prepare. He folded and squeezed the slices to make them easier to swallow.
The 24-year-old rocketed to competitive-eating celebrity when he won Coney Island's July Fourth hot-dog eating contest in 2007. He took the title again this summer by gulping down 59 dogs in 10 minutes.
He won a contest in Tennessee last month by wolfing down 93 Krystal hamburgers in 8 minutes.
- * Sandwiches: 59 peanut butter sandwiches in 10 minutes on June 19, 2005.
* Waffles: 18.5 waffles (8 oz.) in 10 minutes at Waffle House at the Waffle House World Waffle Eating Championship in Atlanta, Georgia on September 4, 2005.
* Jalapeno Poppers: 118 Jalapeño Poppers in 10 minutes during the GoldenPalace.net Intercollegiate Eating Championship at the University of Arizona in Tucson on April 8, 2006.
* Grilled Cheese Sandwiches: 47 sandwiches in 10 minutes at the Thomas & Mack Center during the GoldenPalace.net Grilled Cheese Contest in Las Vegas on June 10, 2006.
* Pork Ribs: 8.4 pounds pork rib meat in 12 minutes at Chinook Winds at the World Rib Eating Championship in Lincoln City, Oregon on July 16, 2006.
* Horseshoe Sandwiches: 6 pounds, 5 ounces of horseshoe sandwiches at the Illinois State Fair during the GoldenPalace.net World Horseshoe Eating Championship in Springfield, Illinois on August 12, 2006.
* Gyoza: 231 during Nisei Week in Little Tokyo in 10 minutes during the World Gyoza Eating Championship in Los Angeles on August 23, 2008.
* Pulled Pork: 9 pounds, 6 ounces in 10 minutes during the Harrah's Pulled Pork Eating Championship in Council Bluffs, Iowa on September 16, 2006.
* Asparagus: 8.8 pounds of tempura-fried asparagus at the World Deep Fried Asparagus Eating Championship in Stockton, California, on April 26, 2008 . 
* Chicken Wings: 7.05 pounds of wings in 12 minutes during the TripRewards Ultimate Hot Wing Eating Champion in New York City on May 21, 2007.
* Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs and buns (short form): 59 hot dog and buns in 10 minutes during the Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest in Coney Island, Brooklyn, NY on July 4, 2008.
* Nathan's Famous Hot Dogs and buns (long form): 66 hot dog and buns in 12 minutes during the Nathan's Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest in Coney Island on July 4, 2007.
* Pizza Hut P'Zones: 4.82 pounds of Pizza Hut P'Zones in 6 minutes in New York City on July 10, 2007.
* Pulled Pork Sandwiches: 45 Pulled Pork Sandwiches in 10 minutes during the Myrtle Beach World BBQ Eating Championship in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina on September 1, 2007.
* Hamburgers: 103 Krystal Hamburgers in eight minutes at the Krystal Square Off Finals in Chattanooga, Tennessee on October 28, 2007.
* Chicken Wings: 241 wings at Wing Bowl XVI in Philadelphia, on February 1, 2008.
* Matzah Balls: 78 matzah balls at Kenny & Ziggy's World Matzoh Ball Eating Championship in Houston on March 2, 2008.
* Kolaches: 56 sausage & cheese kolaches at The Kolache Factory's World Kolache Eating Championship in Houston on September 14, 2007.