Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Hater-Supreme
8,242 Posts
You can go to Goodlettsville (Long Hollow Pike exit), and there is a Mapco about 1000 feet to the right. They sell 110 Leaded out of the pump, but I can't recommend them, honestly, because I've seen some less-than-satisfactory performance out of the gas that I've bought there in the past.

The only place that I go is to Columbia, but it's a little bit of a drive... about 30 minutes from Franklin (which is South of Nashville by ~15 minutes). I can't remember the name of the station, but it's a Shell station, next to a place called "Sarges' Cycles". I'm sure that someone can post in here and give you better directions, though.

·
jewsaw
2,141 Posts
You can go to Goodlettsville (Long Hollow Pike exit), and there is a Mapco about 1000 feet to the right. They sell 110 Leaded out of the pump, but I can't recommend them, honestly, because I've seen some less-than-satisfactory performance out of the gas that I've bought there in the past.

The only place that I go is to Columbia, but it's a little bit of a drive... about 30 minutes from Franklin (which is South of Nashville by ~15 minutes). I can't remember the name of the station, but it's a Shell station, next to a place called "Sarges' Cycles". I'm sure that someone can post in here and give you better directions, though.
How do you have so many post? lol

·
Hater-Supreme
8,242 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the responses. I thought about E85 but decided against it because of the fuel volume requirements. I am already running 550/1600cc injectors nearly out of fuel, I would have to completely upgrade my fuel system.

I need to check into Smyrna cause that is closest.

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
it's 105 octane.

i say go e85. :) tons of cars make good power on it. and a whole lot easier to find.
You got a good local source for E85? I haven't seen it around Nashville at all.

·
Registered
6,254 Posts

·
Internet Warrior
5,476 Posts
So are you confirming that there is 105 octane in Smyrna? That should be sufficient? Do you by chance know the name of the station?
i think it's a mystik gas station now. if you were going down murfreesboro rd and past captain d's on your left, it will be the 2nd gas station on your left. the pumps around front but it will be turned off. give ahkmed your license and tell him you're wanting $x.xx in the race gas.

i understand your philosophy on the e85 deal. luckily for me i wont be maxing out my fuel system for quite some time now.

e85 is more common of a fuel to see now-a-days, but for most it's still slightly out of driving range to make worthwhile without stocking up on it.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I stock up on the e-85 to make my trip worth it. You really do end up needing to flow the shit out of it though!
I dont know how well it would take premix though...... That is something you would want to look into before deciding on it (and I know your leaning away from it anyways). Or do you do the whole premix thing?

Yes, e-85 is 105 however it can be put up against much higher octain rated gas for several reasons. If you start doing reasearch on it your head will spin at all the benefits from it. I honestly cant believe we dont have it at every station........ Several other countires have it very common.

Anyways, I have no Idea where your from, but here in manchester we have a sunoco with a pump of 110 leaded. Its like $5.99 gal.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts