Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
I know this thread is old but I found it when google-ing for race gas in MidTN so, I'm reviving it.

My engine builder (on our Ford Ranger) told me "you'll never be happy with your set-up if you don't run race gas"

For that reason, I was looking for a local place to buy some 110 octane. And we're going to need fuel more than just on track days as this little truck is a road going toy.

After not finding anyone, I contacted Sunoco Race Fuels about being a distributor. So, I'm now a distributor for Sunoco and will be happy to help anyone else who wishes to use a high octane, race fuel.

After establishing this account with them and looking at the other products, I may tune the Mikunis for 100 octane unleaded.

I know some peeps are using E85. But in my NA, Mikuni carbureted, high revving (cam's powerband is from 4000RPM to 8100) set-up, I don't know that it's going to be the fuel of choice for me. It's a highly oxygenated fuel that is "heavy". NA with high RPM's likes "light" fuel. I'm still researching E85 for me.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Any delivery options?
From 5gal pails to 7800gal tanker size loads. Free shipping over 1000 gallons.

Because of hazmat fees, you really need to buy in quantity when it comes to pails and drums (55gal). Example: shipping on 1 drum is around $160. Shipping on 2 drums is like $165. Once you get past the 'hurdle' of hazmat, shipping isn't so bad.

I'm going to be cold calling on gas stations as I see them. If you guys know any place that has sold race gas in the past or are 'buddy-buddy' with any convenience store owners, I'll be happy to talk with them about carrying Sunoco Race Fuels at their station. We will take care of switching the pump(s) over and re-wrapping them / branding them - won't cost them anything.

Interesting tidbits I've learned since hooking up with Sunoco:
1) CAM2 Race Fuels is Sunoco Race Fuels (same exact)
2) VP is a top quality competitor
3) others (names withheld) start with rejected AvGas (doesn't meet FAA standards) and blend their 'race gas' from there

21 - 26 of 26 Posts