Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to make black/clear taillights, so i have been searching (actual stores AND google) for NiteShade. i think VHT makes it but there may be others.

O'Reilly's can special order it, but can't give me a price. the manager at autozone told me it's illegal in this state to mess with the output of taillights whatsoever and to go with window tint so it could easily be removed if i get a "fix-it" ticket.

any pointers? anyone have an extra can? kthxbye

-tyler

EDIT: holy shxt repost. sorry guys, just found another thread. don't flame me plz

·
Registered
982 Posts
tennessee speedsport has it....and it just depends on how dark you do it

·
Super Moderhater
12,366 Posts
yeah its illegal in most places, but cops generally dont give you a hard time unless its really hurting the ability to see your lights

you can order it online from a bunch of stores, if i recall - ill try to find it later

·
OG founder
5,386 Posts
Paint em or Just do window tint for awhile and see if they are gonna haslle you....

^ Thats IS is sexy! When you gonna let me do a photoshoot? :p

·
Registered
859 Posts
JPJ2007 said:
Paint em or Just do window tint for awhile and see if they are gonna haslle you....

^ Thats IS is sexy! When you gonna let me do a photoshoot? :p
Whenever you feel like coming down to Chattanooga

·
O_o
5,429 Posts
VHT niteshades....I got mine off eBay.

The law states that your brake lights must light up red and be visible, it doesn't specify a distance that it has to be visible from, just don't go overboard with the stuff.

·
Registered
362 Posts
v3 said:
VHT niteshades....I got mine off eBay.

The law states that your brake lights must light up red and be visible, it doesn't specify a distance that it has to be visible from, just don't go overboard with the stuff.
That is correct, BUT there are city ordinances (sp) that do not tolerate the modifications of light output. Murfreesboro and Lavergne to name two!

·
O_o
5,429 Posts
I've been pulled over twice by LaVergne cops for my tails, they go look on their computer in the car then come back and tell me that my taillights aren't illigal because it doesn't say anything about coverings, just that they brake lights must be red and visible.

·
Registered
431 Posts
tyler with the accord??? and yeah get it off ebay or get the tails candy cleared thats whats done on my hatch...

·
Yes, I drive a Barbie car
4,387 Posts
Dark Squad said:
just paint the stupid things

slight thread jack... you're not completely anti-bling... your muffler is shiny!!! lol :lol:

car is sexy though

·
RB20DET Guru
1,860 Posts
i live in bfe so i getaway with this, just make sure if u paint um to do it light enough that when ur lights are on u can see red and differentiat it from brake lights.

·
Banned
1,740 Posts
Dark Squad said:
CiviclyDumped said:
Dark Squad said:
just paint the stupid things

slight thread jack... you're not completely anti-bling... your muffler is shiny!!! lol :lol:

car is sexy though
it was cleaned for the shoot. i normally dont wash it so it stays dirty lol
i would give you anything for your fucking car.its sex with wheels.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts