Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner

White 1995 Supra Hardtop Build

118K views 1K replies 161 participants last post by  Milon 
#1 ·
Well as some of you may know, I worked out a deal on my friends 300ZX TT and then shortly after I had a friend call me (Mayo on here) and asked about selling it to him... Turns out he wanted the car so before I even had the title in my name, he bought it...

Since I already had the itch to buy a car because I was excited about the 300, that I started searching and found this car... It needs a little bit of tlc and a lot of boost, but it will be the project car for a while... As stated above its a white hardtop 95 Supra and currently NA automatic... Brad and I looked the car over extremely closely to make sure it was what I wanted, and without a doubt it was... We picked it up Monday evening after work... The car is as close to bone stock as it gets... It has some 19" staggered wheels on it at the moment that will be for sale soon, and other than that the car is all stock with 111k miles... The passenger side fender has been painted, and it looks like a blind man did it... No worries though as the car will be going to the paint shop soon... This chassis has always been my dream car (prior to the GT-R coming to the states) and I finally had a chance to buy one... So here it is...

Pics that were taken by the previous owner...

And here is one of the car in its new home Monday night...

And here are a pic from last night of the first fix on the car... I had to get the windows taken care of because the tint on there was bothering me... For one, the color of the tint was horrible, and also you could not even see out of the back windshield due to haziness in the film... Now that it's been fixed, I like the car even more :) Slowly but surely I will get the car to my liking...

Thanks for checking out the new project!

See less See more
#12 ·
Yeah man, you definitely need to stop by soon bro... And thanks for the hookup yesterday! Still in process for the "list" mainly waiting on my painter to get back from Vegas then we should be good to go...

Very cool. I like your work, can't wait to see where this goes!
Thanks man I appreciate it! Hopefully this car turns out like what I have pictured in my head...

Congrats...now do something atypical with it. I love Supras (as most do) I just would like to see something new with one for a change.
I'd love to do something atypical, but what exactly do you have in mind?

Word, congrats. Can't wait to see the progression.
Thanks man! I'd like to see how the GS is coming along sometime, I'm sure you are taking good care of it... I thought about getting one as a daily instead of the Camry but since it's almost paid off I'm planning on keeping it for the long haul...

nice man. is it an automatic?
For now yes...

It is an auto, looks good, gonna take a lot of work to make it quick.
A lot of work is the easy part, the money is the hard part lol... I'm taking my time with this build so hopefully one day it should put down decent numbers... I'm not shooting for anything crazy honestly...

Hell i had been looking for a set of wheels for you 300z and finally found some. But i guess you could throw them on the Supra instead! I know they're not 19's and in mint condition, but they are cheap and PIMP!

And a buddy of mine owns them so i may be able to get it a little lower... No promises though lol

Advan RG2 18x9 +22 and 18x10 +25 $1550
Oh wow! Some of my favorite wheels of all time! I even miss the ones I had on my Integra :( I don't think that size and offset would work well with a Supra, but I'll let Brad know... He may be interested in those wheels...

are the parts for the AT to man conversion readily available?
Yeah, getting the parts isn't the problem at all, its saving up for the parts hahahaha... At the moment, I am still undecided as to what I want to do as far as transmission goes... Built Boost Logic auto trans or getrag 6 speed... We'll see how things play out...

#8 · (Edited)
Hell i had been looking for a set of wheels for you 300z and finally found some. But i guess you could throw them on the Supra instead! I know they're not 19's and in mint condition, but they are cheap and PIMP!

And a buddy of mine owns them so i may be able to get it a little lower... No promises though lol

Advan RG2 18x9 +22 and 18x10 +25 $1550

#14 ·
Hmmm I'd let them go for $600 wheels and tires... Tires do not have much tread left, would need to be replaced within a year I'd say...

lolz at all the auto to manual questions!

some must not know alot about these cars ;)
Hahahaha yeah, swapping auto/manual shouldn't be an issue at all... I just need to decide which direction I want to go with the car lol...

#16 ·
I'm at work at the moment, but I can take them off and check once I get home this afternoon... The size I believe is 19x8.5 and 19x9.5, no clue on offsets but will get this info tonight...

#21 ·
Thanks! I hope so :) it's been my dream car for quite some time now lol...

Wow looks very clean! Congrats man! Are those leather seats? Is the interior clean? How about some pics of inside?
Interior is all black and its cloth seats (lightest OEM seats from what Brad has told me)... I will get better pics of the car hopefully soon...

To be honest I dunno, I am not "up" on what is out there for Supras unfortunately. I guess if I were building a Supra (which I can't afford haha) I would WANT to build something with a clean widebody kit that isnt seen very often and go for a time attack feel. Like I said, I dont know all the options so I'm just talkin' lol.
Hmmm, I'll have to look into it but I really love the stock body on the car... I'm up for ideas though... But I'd rather put that type of extra money under the hood of the car... Then again, I change my mind by the second...

lol basicly dont put ccws on it
LOL

#27 ·
5x114.3 aka 5x4.5

I wish I could get a supra :( I really want one. I dont even care if its NA auto. Be an awesome DD. BTW, I would consider keeping the auto trans. Put a boostlogic in there....just a thought
Yeah man, I won't daily this car but it will make for a fun weekend car... BL built auto is definitely up there on my list, but the thought of a 6-speed sounds good too lol...

Congrats, awesome find :)

-Will
Thanks man!

Damn Milon nice find. Youve got a thing for white toyotas dont you lol
Yeah man, favorite color and favorite car company...

gahh youre a dick! lol, i was pretty much at the bank, applying for the loan on this thing when it was sold.. you got a helluva deal
LOL my bad dude, there is an identical one for sale in the area, I didn't even have a chance to go look at it...

#40 ·
So far I'm pretty dang happy with it! :) Just doing little things here and there and getting parts list going... PM me a price please...

no prob lol, whats the story on the other one? shoot me a pm if you dont mind
Will do man... Give me til tomorrow morning to make sure the car is still for sale... It's a guy in Brentwood, identical car with just a hair more miles I believe...

Put an ls engine in it. Post on supra forums. Receive hate. Laugh. Profit.
Hahahaha it's definitely an idea but not sure I wanna do that in this chassis... Maybe if it were an FD though...

That would be killer
Indeed :)

Did you buy this from White House?
Yeah pretty much the guy lived in Goodletsville off of the Bethel Rd exit... Know info on the car?

would you people stop being liltte bitches about automatic 2jz cars?

really.

Just kill yourselves.

Its a fucking 2jz. Not a B16.
Auto 2JZ cars can make for fun cars... I'm up for anything honestly, may do built auto or may do 6 speed... We shall see soon enough...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.