Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Free Gynecologist
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys well my ek hatch has some shitty window tint. the person tried to do it themselves. and i was wondering what % i should go? What is the legal limit? and Do cops really car much about tint. because if they dont i might go a little over?

·
OG founder
5,386 Posts
Legal is 35 im pretty sure, and yes cops care.
Alot go 20 but I wouldnt go below that..

·
Banned
2,239 Posts
i got 5 on the jeep except for the front 2 windows that are either 15 or 20. da blue car will probably get 20 all around.

just go to a place that tints windows and ask them what you should get

·
Free Gynecologist
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i tthink my 2 door windows have 15% lol... but whats a good price for all my windows minus windshield 20%

·
pwned your mom...twice
6,174 Posts
I have 20% all around on the 240 and 5% on the sunroof (why? because I can). I have always wished I'd have gone w/10%. Most of my friends have 5 all the way around and have never had trouble w/police

·
Drives
3,052 Posts
My 35% is light in the day, but dark at night sometimes almost 2 dark to see out of if no lights are around.
I should have gone 20%, but oh well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I got 35% on my Tiburon and I love it.

I had 20% on my Nissan and couldn't see out at night. It sucked having to roll the windows down at night to see where I was going. lol

·
Super Moderhater
12,366 Posts
if you have tint that you think is too light because the car is still hot, it could be that the type of tint you got was a shitty one - there are different materials and types used, and some work better at blocking sun/heat than others ... even if its only 35%

·
Honda Challenge Racer
1,029 Posts
for living in lebanon, I would NOT go lower than 20%. That's what I had on my integra.

Take it to Thorne's. He charged me $140 and he does a great job.

35% is legal, but a waste of money. 20% is perfect. 5% is great for the daytime, but at night you'll be screwed because you won't be able to see shit.

·
Registered
431 Posts
can u pm me some info on that place i cant find anyone around the borro to do darker then legal

1 - 11 of 11 Posts