Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Head Baconator
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick review:

After seeing my motor bounce around on the dyno it was pretty clear I needed new mounts. The shifter was rocking when I'd get on it, and it'd almost want to pop out of 2nd and 4th gear at times. The car knocked a bit when shifting, and vibrates pretty good. Made all kinds of akward noises and knocks.

So this weekend I decided to remove the front torque mounts and rear mount, check them out, and fill them with Window Weld. Passenger torque mount was pretty worn and cracked, driver side mount was nearly seperated into two pieces.

I removed both mounts, duck taped the back side, and started pumping window weld into each. After, I smoothed it a little, but this shit is retardedly messy... use gloves, I didn't, and my hands are blacker than Mario Jackson. I then let them sit for twenty four hours.

The rear mount is a bitch. I removed the rear bracket to find that it didn't look bad at all, no tears at all and looked a bit newer than the other mounts. I went ahead and filled it while it was on the car and bolted the bracket back up.

I finally drove it today after everything cured for 24 hours. The motor feels very responsive, I get cleaner shifts, no more shifter movement. The car wheel hops a ton less. I was impressed with the difference. Felt like inserts but without the crappy vibration coming through the car. Overall was a good mod :thumbup:

Thanks to Lunchbox and Yoshi for helping, Ill try and post up a pic of the finished mount here soon.

·
Registered
211 Posts
tips

drop it in a bucket of hot water for at least 5min before applying...much easier..it works well and isnt as sold as prothane or ES mounts which are way too firm....good work..all mine are done the same way....but that sh** take for ever to wash out

·
Super Moderhater
12,369 Posts
Ventolin said:
my hands are blacker than Mario Jackson
LMAO!!!!

dude, why didnt u just buy new motor mounts? crazy honda kids

·
Head Baconator
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah its very nice, I'd do all my mounts with it. I know it sounds ghetto but high powered cars have been doing this for years.

·
Registered
211 Posts
not to mention

its actually more of a comfy ride than the red ES or Prothane mounts, which are a harder urethane...the window weld has a more flexible texture when it sets up, so it still has some vibration dampening, not teeth shattering vibes of the prothane....26 bux for two cans of window weld is cheaper than 180-225 for a new set of "oem style" mounts, for a b-series at least

1 - 8 of 8 Posts