TennSpeed banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Super Freq
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone got/getting the beta?

i'm in the midst of installing it...it's supposed to be HELLA more lightweight compared to Vista...people are preferring this Beta over XP...that says a lot...

Minimum Requirements:

1 GB RAM (they recommend at least 2 though)
1 GHz CPU
40 GB HD
128 MB Graphics Card

·
Technology Junkie!!!!!!!!
3,579 Posts
I am computer dumb will my vista programs still work with this or what , will I have to reload everything.

·
Super Freq
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from what info i've gathered, yes.

if you just do an upgrade, it'll keep all of your files, and just throw 7 over Vista...which is what i'm doing.

think of this as just a much more lightweight version of Vista, that's what i was told...

·
Super Freq
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
absolutely, its taking forever...but i don't rest till i get it finished.

and oh, should've explained...

i've only been able to find a 32-bit version...but that doesn't mean 64 doesn't exist...

·
Super Freq
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
worked perfectly!

no issues so far! it boots up like a dream, the loading screen is gorgeous...

and as you can see...the interface is much more appealing...

i dig this!

·
Super Freq
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it's excellent, VERY few bugs for a beta...

i'm gonna keep this until 7 actually comes out ;)

it's exactly like Vista, i can even get updates.

and i got from MiniNova (legal for me :p CANADA FTW!)

but yeah, just burnt it to a DVD, installed, cracked it, and away i went!

i love it!

·
Super Freq
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

thats how i have it for now, the taskbar automatically changes color to match your background ;)

·
pwned your mom...twice
6,175 Posts
I read over it off of Microsoft's website and alotta bullshit goes w/installing it. Such as no customer support if it does fuck up and whatnot. I'll just wait til the real version actually comes out

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Their servers are being a bitch right now and I'm having a hell of a time just startin the download.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
OK, got the download started. Turns out, M$'s servers don't like Firefox. Had to use IE to get it going.

Funny, I'm bout to install Ubuntu 8.10 (Linux) on one machine, then Windows 7 on another.

·
Super Freq
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that's gay!

let me know what you think of it Bryan...

after a day of using it, Windows Live seems to like to pause for about 5 seconds every once in a bit, but fixes itself in a hurry, annoying, but it could very well just be me...which is more than likely :p that's the ONLY issue i've had...even my iPod works on it without formatting it, just plugged it in and it went! fuckin' a!!!

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Just about got my copy. The download should be done in just a few minutes. I'm gonna finish watchin this ep of Chaos;Head then get to burning the ISO. I'll install it on the secondary drive of my main rig and install Ubuntu onto the secondary of my old rig.

·
pwned your mom...twice
6,175 Posts
I have no idea what you just said^^

Why can't i just download it on the comp only instead of burning it to a frickn' disc? Is that too much to ask? Does that make it too easy?

·
WAT.biz
5,117 Posts
I have no idea what you just said^^

Why can't i just download it on the comp only instead of burning it to a frickn' disc? Is that too much to ask? Does that make it too easy?
if its like the old xp betas and what not it was a bitch if you mounted the iso using daemon tools or something along those lines, and it was easier to just burn a self booting disc.

but whenever i installed vista on my computer i was able to mount the iso and go from there. joe could probably tell you more about 7 though. i hadnt even read up on it yet.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts