Super Moderhater
12,369 Posts
im lol'ing at all of you that didnt learn your lesson by downgrading to Vista

my XP Pro still runs strong, 7 years straight

·
Super Freq
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
We're loling at you because you're going to lose support soon if you don't GET IT TOGETHER AND GET 7!!! FUCK!!!!!

·
Super Moderhater
12,369 Posts
they said that when Vista came out ... not that i ever update my shit anyways, no point

i am the only support that i need

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
After the massive improvement that the RC proved to be over the beta, I'm gettin an OEM copy when I have money. No job right now though so it may be a while.

·
X Honda Junkie
2,907 Posts
when i got this laptop they said they will sent windows 7 to my door when it comes out. so i went to the web site and signed up for it and it was approved so now i wait till i get the e mail that it has been shipped

M

·
0 Posts
I would buy windows 7 but the $30 student price thing is only for the upgrade.....and I don't own any other windows installs lol. I'll just pirate the shit in 3 months

·
X Honda Junkie
2,907 Posts
I would buy windows 7 but the $30 student price thing is only for the upgrade.....and I don't own any other windows installs lol. I'll just pirate the shit in 3 months
you could get the upgrade for the 30 and pirate the older os instead of waiting

M

·
0 Posts
I'm actually on the phone with the morons right now trying to get my copy...I'll post up the dialog when I'm done

M

·
0 Posts
ok so here's how the call went down. The girl on the phone sounded like a dumb teenager with that twangy, ditzy voice. I'll just call her DB for dumb bitch.

5 mins of waiting...

DB: hey this is microsoft store blah blah blah my name is whatever what can I do for you

me: hey how ya doin, I'm about to buy this student discounted version of windows 7 but I noticed it was upgrade only and currently only have OSX...Will I be able to install this on my computer without having a previous windows installation?

(yes yes, as many of you know, I don't have a mac....I run ubuntu on all of my computers but I didn't really feel like explaining to DB what linux was or how it works etc etc...I thought just saying that I had a mac would be more painless.....ok back to the story)

DB: Um.....one second

(on hold for about a minute)

DB: hey thanks for holding. So are you trying to run windows in parallel?

me: oh, you mean dual booting? Yes I will be dual booting... I just need windows for some of my software at school.

DB: mk please hold

(hold for 30 seconds)

DB: ok you're going to need bootcamp or something like that in order to run windows on your mac

me: yeah...I know how to do it I just want to know if its possible to install windows upgrade without a previous windows installation

DB: OHHH OK! one sec

(hold for 2 mins)

DB: ok you're going to have to have another copy of windows if you want to install an upgrade

me: yes I was expecting that. Is there any way you guys could give me a full version for the same price so I can install this shit on my mac?

DB: um I'm going to have to ask my supervisor, can you hold please?

me: yeah sure...just tell him that I'm just going to pirate windows 7 if you guys don't give me a full version.

DB: *nervous chuckle* ok

(hold for 5 mins)

DB: ok sir we can take care of that for you

me: great, you're the best

DB: thanks! ok now I'm going to need your phone number

me: woah! we just met!

DB: no, for the order haha.

me: ok

(so at this point I gave her all of my info....she punched in the goddamn creditcard info at least 5 times but I was very patient)

DB: ok very well, we're going to send you an email verifying that you're a student and then a rep will call you within 24 hours and finish your order

me: word thanks a lot!

DB: no problem! is there anything else I can do for you?

me: nope that's it, thanks again

DB: alright thanks for calling microsoft whatever home store thing my name was whatever blah blah good bye

me: ok, love you, bye

so that's how you do it if you want the full version instead of the upgrade....it came out to like $37.50 or something like that for windows 7 pro. ALSO, make sure you tell them that you need to be part of your school's network domain and that you need to be upgraded to pro for free.....

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
so i bought a new computer from best buy a month and a half ago. came with free windows 7 upgrade once it was released, FREE FREE FREE they said, gave me a little pamphlet that says free upgrade and everything, pamphlet just says bla bla when your fready for your FREE upgrade visit www.bestbuy.com/windows7upgrade
just looked at it since its out now so i was gonna see what i had to do to get it, it says on the webpage i have to bring my pc into best buy and pay geeksquad 39.99 to have them install it and that is the only way to get my upgrade discs, i dont need them to install it i know how to insert a disc and go click click next yes.
f***ing thieves if you ask me. that ridicolous, they are getting them from microsoft for free when it is rightfully mine to begin with and then telling me i HAVE to pay them $40 to install them or i cant have em

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
im bout to just do what minty did and call and tell do it using the student way and tell em i need pro for school

41 - 60 of 94 Posts